Monday, June 5, 2017

Dirty Towels and Full hearts

So... I decided last week that this was going to be the summer of outside! Our goal is to be outside WAY more than we are inside and so far we have accomplished that greatly.

We have been to many state parks(annual park pass is the way to go, btw), hiking trails, and playgrounds. We've worked at the church property, played in the barn, and gone to the pool. The kids are thrilled and exhausted!

The house isn't as tidy as normal, the laundry is WAY behind, and the bath tubs are proof that we have had too much fun getting dirty; but the way the giggles, awe-filled eyes, and adventure fill my heart, and theirs, in so worth it.

Today, we started our light-work summer home schooling. So we have been home and trying to arrange our schedule to see what works best for us. We finished school for everyone, I gave the boys hair cuts and they showered. They used the last of the towels under the bathroom sink, so I yelled downstairs and asked someone to bring me a towel and I jumped in the shower... When I started drying off with said towel, I thought "WOW, that towel smells really good!" Then my brain engaged.

"WAIT A MINUTE... That's not how our laundry detergent smells, That's how the TOILET CLEANER smells."

Oh my goodness, I felt like puking. I literally had the towel to my face drying it, it had just been in my hair, but what's a mama to do? "We clean the bathroom every day so how dirty can it really be right?" I finished drying my body and headed downstairs to confirm my thoughts.

"Hey guys, who cleaned the bathroom last night? Did you use a purple towel?" YES :(

2 discussions were had
1. When I ask for a towel from the laundry it needs to come straight out of the dryer, where the clean clothes are(thank you Abigail)
2. Cleaning rags and towels are not the same thing and can not be used interchangeably.

So... I guess I should do laundry, so we have clean towels, and cleaning rags!!

No comments:

Post a Comment