Saturday, June 8, 2013

Deputation travels

So... As many of you know, the last 3 months have been full of traveling. Here, there, and everywhere! Many of our missionary friends have experienced this joyous(and let's just  be honest, somewhat trying and terrifying, at times) experience. We have taken our kids from their comfort zones and thrown them into a crazy schedule(or lack thereof) filled with a whole world of strange and different. I thank God each day for kids that travel well and can adjust and fall into a new pattern when needed(for the most part). As with anything in life, this experience is all about perspective.
Personally, I love every minute of it! Call me crazy(sometimes I myself think I am) but it is wonderful to me. As we wake up each day, in a new place, with new things to discover, I thank God for allowing us to show our kids the beauty of his creation, in multiple states, and the means to do many fun activities along the way. We've been to beaches, on hikes, mini golf, waterfalls, LOTS of fun playgrounds, and mammoth caves(just to name a few).  Many of these we would never have seen if we weren't on this Journey we call life right now.
As we were driving yesterday, beautiful mountains in view, I just had to stop and thank God for his wonderful grace and provisions for us along the way. Kevin and I have learned through this time span that "true faith begins, where we end". When we are exhausted and feel like we can't go on anymore, when our bank account laughs at us, and when the kids have had enough and have lost their minds(don't judge, you know you've been there too) we really have to fully trust in God to provide for the next day. It has been,overall, the most joyous, adventurous, fun-filled, family time ever.
I know I don't deserve it, but Gods grace is amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelli! Hope you're enjoying the summer so far :) There's no place to follow your Blog! I haven't posted to ours for a long time, but hope to get back to it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I am so new to this. I am not sure how to put something on here so people can follow. I know on blogger you can add me as godsgraceformerevealedbybeingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete