Sunday, November 24, 2013

Proverbs 31: 25-26

    She is clothed with strength and dignity,
    and she laughs without fear of the future.
    When she speaks, her words are wise,
    and she gives instructions with kindness.
                                             Proverbs 31: 25-26

Proverbs 31 is an amazing scripture reference for being a Godly wife and mother. These are a few of my favorite verses from the passage. Probably because I struggle with them. Often I find myself quivering with fear of the future, not all feeling clothed with strength and dignity, not all my words are wise, and all to often my instruction is given in frustration rather than in kindness. It is in these times that I realize I am not being a GODLY mother and wife. I am trying my WORLDLY best to be a good mother and wife but I need the Lord working through me to fill me with the characteristics listed above.


He surrounds me with strength and dignity(as a warm coat). He allows me peace about what lies ahead and Joy even in the midst of everyday life. His words are wise, and when they are hidden in my heart and used to instruct my children, then my instructions are wise and kind.  In order to be a Godly mother and wife I first must be filled to the brim with him and his love. Then and only then can I fulfill the calling he has given me to train and bring my children up in his grace.


When our focus is properly on him, all other things will fall into place. I'm no SUPERMOM, but when I do things his way... He does SUPERNATURAL things through me. I am only an instrument used to communicate his love the 4(soon to be 5) wonderful little people he has blessed me with.


You pray for me and I will pray for you, that we will be filled to the brim with him, so that he can overflow into the lives of those that we, as mothers, have the most influence over. May they be filled just as tributaries, flooded with the rushing river of God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment