Friday, January 4, 2019

Be the support that you will someday need

Read this quote today... 

"I wanted to bring her back, to have her arrive from wherever she was inside of herself and see me, sitting across from her, waiting patiently. 

To me it was the perfect picture of anxiety or depression and it's effects on families and relationships. 


Watching the person you love, slip away, into a place inside themselves, and they are still physically there but they are not present at all. 


I know that Kevin and I have both experienced this at times throughout our relationship. 

It's a hard road to travel, but one that's not meant to be traveled alone. 

Be that person who is waiting patiently for them to come out of themselves, no matter how they try to push you away, because someday, you'll need them to be that person for you.

 #stopthestigma

No comments:

Post a Comment