Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What's in a name? I AM

So this week I have had a very hard time picking a Name of God. I kept coming back to I AM.  One of his attributes has stuck out to me in every aspect of daily life and I thought... The I AM totally encompasses every attribute of God. Whatever you need me to be, I AM!!

It has been a week of feeling weak, tired, hopeless, and not productive.  I am pretty prideful(I am working on that) and I hate to ask for help. This is probably why the Lord has put me on bed rest 5 times, so that I would have to ask for help! It makes me feel useless and uncomfortable. I don't like other people doing a job that I am supposed to be doing and seeing my house a mess, it's humbling.

In all of this a we have been reading through the Psalms there is a resounding theme. The Lord is my Strength. I am not exactly sure how many times it is said in the Psalms but it is A LOT and we aren't even half way in.

What an encouragement?! The Lord is my strength, when I am weak he is strong. His strength is made perfect in my weakness. In fact he is more glorified in his strength when I admit my weakness and rely fully on him!

In a world that tells us weakness is a bad thing, there is something wrong with you if you are vulnerable and need to ask anything of anyone. The Lord is sending us quiet the opposite message.

He's saying "Be weak, let me be your strength and shield. I want to be your stronghold!"

So this week I am saying it... I am weak and I need The Lord to be my Strength! Each and every time I feel insufficient and hopeless I will acknowledge it fr what it truly is. The truth. I am nothing without him, and I need his grace and strength to get me through each day.

Learning to rely on The Great I AM for everything I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment